Ways to while the time away


Uluwatu, Bali (2015)


Summer vacation has just started for me and there is nothing more un-complementary to the holidays than having nothing to do. When most people think of Summer, they think of long days at the beach, holidays and adventure. I, on the other hand, think of humidity, school and hot days at home reading. I long for the changing of seasons, wearing knits and coats or playing in the snow...since Singapore only has one season, summer, it is almost foolish to dream of purchasing more than 5 knit tops.
I have often played with the idea of starting my own blog, seeing as how I sometimes write freelance, but I was never down to commit my time weekly to a platform I wasn't sure would flourish. I wasn't sure who would bother reading my blog to be exact. But now that I have more time on my hands, I have decided to give this a go!
While thinking of a name to put to my blog, I settled on willow because it's my favourite tree and magazine because I've been wanting to share a diverse range of topics on my platform - travel, music, fashion, life, love, etc...I know magazine makes it a little cheesy and I'm a little embarrassed but naming my blog after myself seemed a little pig-headed and rachelloh.blogspot just doesn't give the same ring as willowmagazine.
For my first post, I'm taking a leaf out of some of my friend's blogs to create a summer playlist. My playlist won't be the usual dance/electro/pop playlists suited just for one season but one that takes you away when you have nothing to do, one that helps you while the time away so...enjoy!


P.S. Leave me a comment down below and let me know your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Ohmygah, yes please. This is Qhai, dknow if you rmbr me but rmbr 2pm_facts? I've followed you on insta as well as your twitter. I always check on your insta at times and do some stalking �� because I love your insta ���� it's so pretty! And and this very relaxing feel to it. I feel like your blog will have the same vibe too. I'll definitely be you reader!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl!! I definitely remember you. Thank you so much, that's so sweet and it warms my heart. I have so many ideas right now and I can't wait to see you around my other blog posts. 💓

      Delete

NEW
 

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Search

WILLOW © Theme by Blog Milk