Gentle Suggestions // August

Another month is yet again coming to a close...August was a month for getting back into the groove. I started yoga again, I worked hard to get certain jobs/grades/friends and I felt even more empowered in life than before. (Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was also released for my fellow Potterheads out there! *secret happy dance*) August is coming to an end so I thought I'd do an early roundup of a few gentle suggestions (as compared to monthly favourites).

First up is a brand I've been dying to share. It's not a new find, it's not an old find either but the brand is such that it never goes out of style.


BRAND SUGGESTION: Cool Enough Studio













"We create products that reflect our lives."
Cool Enough Studio is a South Korean lifestyle store that draws inspiration from practicality and ordinary objects resulting in spectacular designs that is making waves across the consumer market. I have been lusting over their products for a good 1.5 years now until I finally got my hands on "The Mirror" on one of my trips to South Korea last year! Small as it is, it is incredibly useful for the application of lipstick and the occasional pimple...
You can shop here.

(Pictures by Cool Enough Studio)

BOOK SUGGESTION: Fishbowl by Bradley Somer

This gem of a find was such a page turner...It ponders the meaning and connections in and about life through the eyes of a goldfish as it falls from the 27th floor. Fishbowl is hilarious, triumphant and "philosophically joyful" (as the summary aptly describes). It also helps that the goldfish joins you on your journey through the book falling down the side of the book pages as you read! This is Bradley Somer's debut novel and I cannot wait to see what else he writes.

























HABIT SUGGESTION: Speak Intentionally

"Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it."
Even though fictional (but let's face it, he's real to us Potterheads), Dumbledore knows what's up. Speak intentionally, listen attentively and choose wisely. It is foolish and unbecoming of our intelligence otherwise. 



I hope you enjoyed the first of many monthly gentle suggestions on Willow...let me know in the comments what your favourites were, how your month was and what you'd like me to share on in my next monthly suggestions. Thanks for staying!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Search

WILLOW © Theme by Blog Milk